San Diego-Imperial Athletics Congress
MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
October 15, 1985
- President Ken Bernard called the meeting to order at 7:10 p.m. In addition to the President and Secretary, the attendees were Hal Bateman, Jeff Rigdon, Bill Stock, and Judy Stolpe.
- The Board approved the minutes of the meeting of August 15.
- The President gave the Treasurer's report. The checking account balance is $4441.15, while the certificate of deposit is another $11,000. On October 13, 1985, the former AAU money was transferred from one escrow account to another escrow account with All-Sports. This money now provides capital backing for All-Sports, with SDIAC earning interest. Some recent expenses included $251 for the office, checks for the Grand Prix awards, and expenses for clock repair. $400 has still not been expended by Liz Mueller and Laura DeSnoo.
- The Chairman reported that the number of registrants as of September 10 was 724.
- The Chairman reported that TAC/USA had informed the local congresses that the event sanction policy no longer covers athlete participants in races. The Board unanimously approved a motion by Shirley that the President inform risk management and directors of sanctioned races.
- The Board discussed race clocks again, but took no action.
- The Board discussed the design of the Bill Gookin Award.
- The Board approved Shirley's motion to authorize the Women's Long-Distance Running Chairman to establish an all-women's race to benefit a scholarship fund. The Women's LDR Chairman would administer the scholarship separately from the race.
- Hal Bateman reported on his trip as TAC representative to Japan and Australia for the US/USSR/Japan and World Cup meets.
- The Board discussed delegates to the TAC/USA convention.
- The Board unanimously approved Rigdon's motion that SDIAC write a letter supporting the proposal to LAOC concerning the resurfacing of the Balboa Stadium track.
- The Board unanimously approved Shirley's motion that SDIAC apply to TAC/USA for a request for a foundation grant for the resurfacing.
- The Board unanimously approved Stock's motion that SDIAC has no official interest in being part of the WAVA World Championship bid.
- The meeting adjourned at 9:18 p.m.
Web Page Created by Graeme Shirley