San Diego-Imperial Athletics Congress
MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
August 15, 1986
- President Ken Bernard called the meeting to order at 7:15 p.m. In addition to the President and Secretary, the attendees were Linda Gorman, Kevin Heaton, Jeff Rigdon, Judy Stolpe, and Kathy Woerner.
- The Board approved the minutes of the meeting of June 13.
- The President gave the Treasurer's report. The checking account balance is $2564.71, while the certificates of deposit were another $16,000. Race directors have been generally overpredicting fields, which may require large refunds.
- Linda Gorman reported that the Junior Olympics track and field meet drew 222 participants in 600 events. Charles Huff (LJ/TJ), Matt Farmer (Dec), and Bob Feeney (2000 St), won their events at regionals, then Huff and Farmer finished fifth and sixth at nationals. Gorman also reported that there was more participation in the Association 10K Championship this year than last, and that scholarship award checks will be mailed.
- Jeff Rigdon reported that Henry Manley will, on August 26, hold the first track and field officials meeting in eighteen months. Also, an official to be named later will be going to the national convention.
- Judy Stolpe commended Linda Gorman for surviving the "creative volunteers" at the Lions-Padres Association Championship 10K to determine the award winners. Stolpe also reported that Wayne Nichols, vice president of the Road Runners Technical Committee, would be recertifying the Carlsbad 5K and calibration course.
- The meeting adjourned at 9:07 p.m.
Web Page Created by Graeme Shirley