San Diego-Imperial Athletics Congress
MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Balboa Park Hall of Champions
June 19, 1991
- President Ken Bernard called the meeting to order at 7:17 p.m. In addition to the President and Secretary, the attendees were Lolitia Bache, Ed Oleata, Patricia Oleata, Joni Shirley, and Bob Sieben.
- The Board approved the minutes of the meeting of April 17.
- The President gave the Treasurer's report. The checking account balance was $10,922.96 while the certificates of deposit were another $16,000. Expenses included the purchase of a fourth clock for $2000, the annual dinner, and a billing for unauthorized calls to 900 numbers.
- The Board passed a motion by Ed Oleata that SDIAC contribute $200 for food and lodging for Keith Green (sprints) and Elgin Blake (decathlon) to go to the TAC Junior National Championships.
- Bache reported that the SDIAC Junior Olympics Track and Field Championships went smoothly, drawing approximately 400 competitors.
- Sieben reported on the Association Track and Field Championships, which had a limited attendance due to the date change, but high quality. The first all-comers meet in the series drew about 85 at UCSD June 14.
- Some members brought to the attention of the Board a letter critical of TAC, published in the June 16 San Diego Union, from Mike Hogan. The President will respond, if appropriate.
- The meeting adjourned at 8:05 p.m.
Web Page Created by Graeme Shirley