San Diego-Imperial Athletics Congress
MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Balboa Park Hall of Champions
April 22, 1998
- President Ken Bernard called the meeting to order at 7:35 p.m. In addition to the President and Secretary, the attendees were Lolitia Bache, Arnie Robinson, and Elizabeth Tate.
- The Board approved the minutes of the meeting of February 18.
- The President gave the Treasurer's report. The checking account balance was $6216 while the certificates of deposit were another $16,000. The balance was reduced by the expense of the Annual Dinner, approximately $2900, for 68 in attendance. Bernard discussed those costs, noting that the Masters Track & Field Championships being in San Jose had increased the number of awardees.
- Tate described the April 18 meet at UCSD by Alexander's Lightnin' Express as the largest youth meet ever in San Diego. Several teams from Los Angeles attended.
- Tate announced that the Youth Association Track & Field meet would be May 30-31 at Mesa.
- The Board discussed problems with the Association Cross Country Series. The consensus was that abuses of the informality of the series would have to be addressed by imposing a more rigid structure.
- The meeting adjourned at 8:59 p.m.
Web Page Created by Graeme Shirley