San Diego-Imperial Athletics Congress
MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Balboa Park Hall of Champions
August 19, 1998
- President Ken Bernard called the meeting to order at 7:45 p.m. In addition to the President and Secretary, the attendees were Lolitia Bache, Arnie Robinson, Joni Shirley, and Elizabeth Tate.
- The Board approved the minutes of the meeting of June 17.
- The President gave the Treasurer's report. The checking account balance was $7448.40 while the certificates of deposit were another $16,000.
- The President reported that he had purchased a used Chronomix 737 (the latest model), plus a numeric keypad, as authorized in June.
- The Board unanimously approved a motion by Robinson to subsidize all-comers meets by Nathan Wilford for $300 per meet for three meets.
- Bernard announced that the Association Cross Country Championships would be November 7 at Morley Field if bureaucratic problems can be overcome. The Board unanimously approved a motion by Joni Shirley that the Association Championships have an individual prize structure similar to last year's, approximately $1500 total; that USATF registration be required (but not necessarily SDIAC); and that the top Association male and female finishers be recognized as the Gookin award winners.
- Robinson announced that the Association Junior Olympics Cross Country Championships would be November 8 at Chollas Lake, and the Regional Championships at the same site November 22.
- Graeme Shirley reported on SDIAC medalists at the USATF National Masters Track and Field Meet. A list is attached.
- Robinson reported on the National Junior Olympics Track and Field Championships. The MLK Blasters placed first in the Youth Boys team championship, which included a 400m Relay win (46.29). Individual champions included Darius Savage (Bantam Boys SP 10.32m), Glen Woods (Midget Boys LJ 4.84m and Pentathlon), Chauncee Smith (Youth Boys 100m 11.61 and 200m 23.17), Brady Douglas (Youth Boys 400m 52.19), and Monique Henderson (Intermediate Girls 400m 53.97).
- The meeting adjourned at 9:10 p.m.
Web Page Created by Graeme Shirley