San Diego USATF
MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
2820 Camino del Rio South 130
September 15, 2004
- President Graeme Shirley called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. In addition to the President and Secretary, the attendees were Lolitia Bache, Paul Greer, Gary Henderson, Thom Hunt, Jennifer Nanista, Arnie Robinson, Jim Skelly, and Elizabeth Tate.
- The Board approved the minutes of the meeting of August 18.
- Treasurer Lolitia Bache reported that the checking account balance was $8469.45 while the certificates of deposit were another $16,000.
- Nanista expressed interest in conducting a Level 1 coaching clinic early next year at San Diego State. G. Shirley will get information on how to make it happen.
- Greer stated that the Dirt Dogs Cross Country Series was off to a good start, with the third race September 18. 141 members have scored in the series so far.
- Robinson noted that the National Office was requesting $500 from every association to fund U.S. teams to the World Youth Championships. The President encouraged the Board to come up with some fund-raising ideas, rather than just spending from the treasury.
- Robinson is submitting Adam Henderson's name to replace Sam Germany as Region 15 Coordinator. G. Shirley stated that he will give the required Association President endorsement.
- Robinson stated that there would be a reception for Felix Sanchez in honor of his Olympic Gold Medal, similar to the recent one for Mebrahtom Keflezighi.
- G. Shirley reported that San Diego USATF membership for 2004 is almost 300 above any previous year. Current membership is 1665 (1164 youth, 241 open, and 260 masters), records for every division.
- The President stated that the status of Temecula Valley and its incorporation into the San Diego Association should be formalized before the 2004 National Meeting. Robinson will continue discussions with the Southern California Association. The Board unanimously approved a motion by Greer to allow athletes from the Temecula Valley who are registered in this Association to compete in the Dirt Dogs Cross Country Series.
- The President stated that there will be an Associations Workshop for Long Distance Running chairmen October 2-3 in Akron, Ohio in conjunction with the USATF National Club Marathon Relay Championships. Funding is available for travel and lodging. Greer and Hunt will schedule.
- The President noted that USATF has a group exemption with their 501(c)(3) which extends to associations who submit group exemption forms. The San Diego Association has a separate 501(c)(3). He will investigate which structure serves the Association best.
- The meeting adjourned at 7:35 p.m.
Web Page Created by Graeme Shirley