San Diego-Imperial Athletics Congress
MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
April 20, 1988
- President Ken Bernard called the meeting to order at 7:23 p.m. In addition to the President and Secretary, attendees were Lolitia Bache, Cindy Cohagen, Linda Gorman, Jeff Rigdon, Bill Stock, and Judy Stolpe.
- The Board approved the minutes of the meeting of February 17.
- The President gave the Treasurer's report. The checking account balance was $7,306 while the certificates of deposit were another $16,000. Obligations are $300-$400 for trophies, plus $600 for juniors awards.
- The Board rescheduled the Annual meeting for December 14.
- The Board commended the President for his efforts on the annual awards dinner, rescheduled and held on March 18. All 1987 award winners, save Tom Petranoff and Mark Dani, as well as five previous award winners, attended. The Secretary distributed a list of the awards for 1984-1987.
- The President noted that the national office sent a check for $1000 to the Association from the Ekiden race.
- The Board discussed SDIAC's involvement with the State Games, which will have Track and Field events July 14-17 in Balboa Stadium for juniors. The President has set a $500 sanction fee in addition to other charges.
- The President quoted newspaper articles and a letter from Ollan Cassell concerning the death of Nell Jackson, TAC Secretary.
- The Board once again discussed control of course certifications, then passed a motion by Stock that a copy of the course certification must accompany each sanction request.
- The Board approved a motion by Gorman to waive the sanction fee for the Association Junior Olympics Track and Field meet.
- The Board heard announcements on three track and field championship meets. Dixon Farmer will direct the open meet May 22, Gorman the juniors on June 4, and Bache and David Pain the masters meet on July 2.
- Bache reported on the Balboa Stadium committee meetings, noting a potential problem with future rental of the stadium to commercial interests, such as for concerts, conflicting with public use.
- Cohagen reported on her public relations efforts for the Awards Dinner. The Union reported the Athlete of the Year awards.
- The Board approved a motion by Shirley to designate the Holiday Bowl Marathon the Association championship, since it appears there will be no Mission Bay Marathon or San Diego Marathon. To attain championship status, the race directors must:
- Complete course certification prior to the event
- Provide a complete set of results shortly after the race
- The meeting adjourned at 9:55 p.m.
Web Page Created by Graeme Shirley