San Diego-Imperial Athletics Congress
MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Balboa Park Hall of Champions
June 16, 1993
- President Ken Bernard called the meeting to order at 7:30 p.m. In addition to the President and Secretary, the attendees were Lolitia Bache, Cindy Cohagen, Linda Gorman, Joni Shirley, Jim Skelly, and Peter Stern.
- The Board approved the minutes of the meeting of April 21.
- The President gave the Treasurer's report. The checking account balance was approximately $7750 while the certificates of deposit were another $16,000.
- Bache reported on the June 19 Association Junior Olympics Track and Field Championships. About 420 have registered. The members of the Board had several questions about the meet.
- Arnie Robinson, director of the Regional Junior Olympics Track and Field Championships, had asked the President about sanction fees. The Board unanimously approved a motion by G. Shirley that the meet pay the normal fees.
- Cohagen reported on the Cross Country Championship series and distributed a flyer. Stern inquired about masters teams. There is no separate masters team scoring for the series. G. Shirley asked about the method of scoring. This is on the agenda for the June 29 meeting.
- Bernard will be ordering uniforms, initially purchasing a minimum number of T-shirts.
- Skelly stated that the CIF Track and Field Championships had been rescheduled for June 19, and that the scheduled completion date for the Training Center track is November 1993.
- The Board unanimously approved a motion by G. Shirley authorizing the President to write a letter of support, enthusiastically endorsing the bid for the Women's Marathon Selection Race for the 1996 U.S. Olympic team.
- The meeting adjourned at 8:58 p.m.
Web Page Created by Graeme Shirley