San Diego-Imperial Athletics Congress
MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The Shirley Residence
June 16, 1999
- President Ken Bernard called the meeting to order at 7:30 p.m. In addition to the President and Secretary, the attendees were Lolitia Bache, Ed Oleata, Patty Oleata, and Joni Shirley.
- The Board approved the minutes of the meeting of April 21.
- The President gave the Treasurer's report. The checking account balance was $6166 while the certificates of deposit were another $16,000. The balance was at its low shortly before the Rock & Roll Marathon, but has been increasing since.
- Movin Shoes will hold four all-comers track and field meets on Friday evenings at Balboa Stadium. The first of these, on June 25, will be the Association Track & Field Championships. The following meets will be July 9, 16, and 30. The Board unanimously approved a motion by Bache to subsidize the championship $500 and the other meets $300 each.
- The President reported the receipt of a grievance concerning the former coach of a youth team. The grievance requested investigation and appropriate action. The Board unanimously approved J. Shirley's motion to authorize Bernard to attempt to settle the problem promptly and amicably, and, if unsuccessful, to gain the involvement of the National office.
- The meeting adjourned at 8:41 p.m.
Web Page Created by Graeme Shirley