San Diego-Imperial Athletics Congress
MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Town & Country Hotel
April 21, 1999
- President Ken Bernard called the meeting to order at 7:27 p.m. In addition to the President and Secretary, the attendees were Lolitia Bache, Arnie Robinson, Joni Shirley, Jim Skelly, Pam Stewart, and Elizabeth Tate.
- The Board approved the minutes of the meeting of February 17.
- The President gave the Treasurer's report. The checking account balance was $6150 while the certificates of deposit were another $16,000.
- Tate reported on the previous night's meeting of the planning committee for the Junior Olympics Regional Track & Field Meet. The meet will be the weekend of June 18 (Mesa College, discus and javelin), 19th & 20th (Balboa Stadium). Tate will be field events manager; Adam Henderson, running events manager; Al Dandridge, Field Referee; Tom Middleton, running referee.
- Tate also announced that the Junior Olympics Association Track & Field Meet would be May 29-30 at Mesa College, with the long jump being contested at Balboa Stadium Sunday evening.
- The Board discussed the need for the Juniors to publish the results of their meets (magazine or internet).
- Skelly reported on activities of the Track & Field Officials. The number of overlapping meets made this a difficult year. There are currently about 75 certified officials. The primary shortage is in the throws. One source would be the juniors program.
- The meeting adjourned at 9:04 p.m.
Web Page Created by Graeme Shirley