San Diego USATF
MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
2820 Camino del Rio South 130
June 21, 2000
- President Ken Bernard called the meeting to order at 7:14 p.m. In addition to the President and Secretary, the attendees were Nelson Alexander, Lolitia Bache, Dixon Farmer, Paul Greer, Allan Hodgert, Lillian Mahoney, Ed Oleata, Patty Oleata, Arnie Robinson, Jim Skelly, Elizabeth Tate, and Chuck Woolsey.
- The Board approved the minutes of the meeting of April 19.
- The President gave the Treasurer's report. The checking account balance was $5334.17 while the certificates of deposit were another $16,000.
- Meet Director Hodgert led a discussion of the June 24 Association Track & Field Championships. There has been a good response from athletes, but numbers will be unknown until Saturday, since there is only day-of-event registration. The only documentation for qualifying marks for the Olympic Trials is sending results from the meet to the national office. In the track events there will be one seeded heat, based on declared marks, followed by open races, as needed. The top three in each seeded race will earn medals. Volunteers include Farmer (announcer), Ed Oleata (starter), Chuck Pennell (USATF registration), Robinson (results), Shirley (track referee), and Skelly (field referee).
- Hodgert and Farmer reviewed the subsequent track & field schedule: August 9 all-comers at Cuyamaca College, August 12 pre-Olympic meet at the Olympic Training Center, August 18 departure to Australia.
- Greer updated results for the road series (Dr. Seuss 8K and the Rock ‘n' Roll Marathon) and cross country series.
- Ed Oleata announced that the September 16-17 Chuck McMahon Memorial Track & Field Meet will be the Association Masters Track & Field Championships. The Association will pay for medals.
- Robinson reported that the Junior Olympics Regionals are complete. 30 to 40 youths qualified for the Nationals.
- The Board unanimously approved Bernard's motion to send roses to Monique Henderson for her performances this season.
- The Board unanimously approved Ed Oleata's motion to include the Masters Cross Country Championships with the Open Championships November 4. The age of a competitor on November 4 determines the division for the series which culminate on that date. The prize purse is equal for masters and open. Masters will be ranked by age graded results.
- The meeting adjourned at 9:59 p.m.
Web Page Created by Graeme Shirley