San Diego USATF
MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
2820 Camino del Rio South 130
December 20, 2000
- President Ken Bernard called the meeting to order at 7:06 p.m. In addition to the President and Secretary, the attendees were Darcy Ahner, Nelson Alexander, Lolitia Bache, Paul Greer, Allan Hodgert, Lillian Mahoney, Ed Oleata, Patty Oleata, Arnie Robinson, Joni Shirley, Jim Skelly, Elizabeth Tate, and Chuck Woolsey.
- The Board approved the minutes of the meeting of October 18.
- The President gave the Treasurer's report. The checking account balance was $1869 while the certificates of deposit were another $16,000.
- The Board began a discussion of the 2001 budget. The discussion got sidetracked on a separate issue of possible bids to hold the Western Regional Masters Track & Field Championship in the Association. The Board approved a motion to allow the Masters Track & Field Chairman and the Secretary to meet and resolve any issues. Failing to reach an agreement, the parties are authorized to call a special meeting of the Board.
- The Board approved Hodgert's motion to accept the budget, as modified.
- Alexander reported on some Youth rules changes from the convention. The hammer throw is added for the Intermediate age groups, as is a girl's decathlon for Intermediates and up. An issue tabled for the 2001 Convention is the possible addition of a sub-Bantam age group (age 8 and under).
- Skelly noted some changes expressed at the Convention in the relationships between meet management and officials, with more consideration and respect given by management.
- Ahner noted that this is the first season that UCSD is officially Division II. The University has a new Athletic Director. A referendum will be held for the student fees to provide sufficient funds to maintain Division II status.
- Hodgert announced a series of all-comers meets which will begin June 30. There will be two big indoor meets in Los Angeles, Al Franken's on January 20 and Skip Stolley's February 11. A Cuyamaca-Mesa dual meet, not on the Officials' schedule, will be February 9. Hodgert has been named Western Regional High Jump Development Chairman.
- Greer announced that the women's marathon A & B standards have been tightened for the 2004 trials. Bob Larsen will be returning to San Diego to coach athletes in his "live high, train low" program. An objective of the LDR committee will be to bring the National Winter Cross Country Championships to San Diego.
- The President formed a committee to organize the annual awards. Robinson to chair with Bache and G. Shirley.
- The Secretary reviewed the requirements for maintaining certification as an Association. San Diego USATF is well above minimum requirements, only one or two small items short of meeting all standards.
- The meeting adjourned at 9:26 p.m.
Web Page Created by Graeme Shirley