San Diego USATF
MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
2820 Camino del Rio South 130
April 18, 2001
- President Ken Bernard called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. In addition to the President and Secretary, the attendees were Darcy Ahner, Nelson Alexander, Lolitia Bache, Paul Greer, Lillian Mahoney, Ed Oleata, Patty Oleata, Arnie Robinson, Tony Salerno, Jim Skelly, Elizabeth Tate, Pat Thiss, and Chuck Woolsey.
- The Board approved the minutes of the meeting of February 21.
- The President gave the Treasurer's report. The checking account balance on March 9 was $498.19 while the certificates of deposit were another $16,000. The balance has grown to over $2500 in the interim, but no statement has been received more recently.
- The President discussed the Associationís financial condition, the membership fees, and sanction fees. Seven Associations have lower membership fees, but none have lower sanction fees. The Board approved 9-1 a motion by Skelly to authorize the President to change the sanction fee schedule so as to raise 10% more annually. The specifics of the changes and the time of implementation are at the Presidentís discretion.
- The Board discussed the West Region Masters Track & Field Championships, to be conducted by the San Diego Senior Sports Festival June 23 at San Diego State University.
- Oleata announced that the San Diego USATF Masters Track & Field Championships would be June 30 at UCSD, in conjunction with the San Diego USATF Track & Field Championships.
- The Board unanimously approved a motion to purchase a Hy-Tek Track & Field Meet Manager for Windows with the appropriate site license for San Diego USATF events.
- Robinson noted that Alexanderís Lightín Express held a meet for 1400 youths April 14.
- Greer announced that plans for the 2001 cross country series include two clinics in early August at RoadRunner Sports and Movin Shoes to kick-off the series.
- Greer also stated that discussions had been held concerning a bid for the February 2003 National Cross Country Championships to be held at the Del Mar Race Track. He has the bid package, and he or a representative will come back to the Board in June with more information, including financial liability and rights fees.
- Mahoney noted that the USATF logo can be put on officials clothing at Morganís Monograms. This led to a discussion about control of the rights to the logo.
- The meeting adjourned at 9:12 p.m.
Web Page Created by Graeme Shirley