San Diego USATF
MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
2820 Camino del Rio South 130
August 15, 2001
- President Ken Bernard called the meeting to order at 7:15 p.m. In addition to the President and Secretary, the attendees were Lolitia Bache, Allan Hodgert, Lillian Mahoney, Claudia Piepenburg, Mike Piepenburg, Arnie Robinson, Elizabeth Tate, Pat Thiss, and Chuck Woolsey.
- The Board approved the minutes of the meeting of June 20.
- The President gave the Treasurer's report. The checking account balance was $2655 (estimated, as no statement received) while the certificates of deposit were another $16,000.
- Hodgert reported on the June 30 Association Track & Field Championships. He stated that they had gone smoothly, although there would be one insurance claim by an athlete who spiked herself in the pole vault.
- Hodgert has been speaking to USATF President Bill Roe about the possibility of San Diego hosting a West Regional championship leading to the National Track & Field Championships.
- Tate reported on the Junior Olympics National Track & Field Championships held in Sacramento. Temperatures were high. For the first time in several years, San Diego had no national champions.
- C. Piepenburg reported on the Dirt Dog Cross Country Series. The Board discussed the series guidelines. A schedule will be available soon.
- Robinson discussed a bid for the USATF National Junior Olympics Cross Country Championships. The Board considered a number of possible courses, and Morley Field was the consensus choice. The Board unanimously approved Robinson's motion to allocate $5000 from the General Fund to support the bid for the Championships to be held in December 2003.
- The meeting adjourned at 9:16 p.m.
Web Page Created by Graeme Shirley