San Diego USATF
MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
2820 Camino del Rio South 130
March 17, 2004
- President Graeme Shirley called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. In addition to the President and Secretary, the attendees were Lolitia Bache, Curt Clausen, Gary Henderson, Lillian Mahoney, Sharon Powell, Arnie Robinson, Rahn Sheffield, Guy Singer, Jim Skelly, Tracy Sundlun, Elizabeth Tate, and Wes Williams.
- The Board approved the minutes of the meeting of February 18.
- Treasurer Lolitia Bache reported that the checking account balance was $20,009.90 while the certificates of deposit were another $16,000.
- Sheffield reported on the June 19 Association Track & Field Championships. The meet will be June 19 at San Diego State, with the hammer throw at UCSD. The limits on spikes will be strictly enforced, 5 mm (3/16") on the track, 7 mm (¼") for field events.
- Clausen reported on the IAAF Race Walk Challenge in Tijuana March 20 & 21. Tim Seaman (1:28:41), Clausen (1:29:04), and Susan Armenta (1:47:46) were the top U.S. finishers in the Saturday 20K. Philip Dunn (3:59:12) achieved the Olympic A standard on Sunday in the 50K, which served as Mexico's Olympic Trials.
- Robinson reported on the youth meets. The series began with the San Diego Southern California Roadrunners meet March 13.
- Skelly reported that the Track & Field Officials would be covering two meets each for three consecutive Saturdays. Also on March 26 there may be an elite throws competition. The officials currently have a shortage to work the throws.
- G. Shirley reported that registrations had passed the 1000 mark on March 9 and were running almost 30% ahead of 2003, the previous record high.
- The President encouraged Chairmen to submit articles to California Track & Running News. The deadlines fall on the 15th of each odd-numbered month.
- The President reminded the Chairmen of the restrictions on the Hy-Tek Meet Manager licenses. The Association has a license for events sponsored by the San Diego Imperial Association. The San Diego Youth Track Committee has a license for the events sponsored by that committee. Any other events in the Association must use an existing site license or event license obtained from Hy-Tek. Entries for meets should be submitted using Team Manager Lite or Team Manager. The restrictions are in a menu in Meet Manager.
- The President appointed a Jury of Appeal for the Long Distance Championship series: the Spring Road Race Series and the Dirt Dogs Cross Country Series. The Jury is Lolitia Bache, Lillian Mahoney, and Jim Skelly.
- The report on the 2005 Awards Dinner was delayed to the April meeting.
- The President solicited ideas for a membership brochure to aid in recruiting efforts. Clausen offered copies of a flyer produced by the National Office.
- The President, with the concurrence of the Youth Chairman, stated that on March 20, two youth meets were scheduled: the Mira Mesa Missiles Invitational and a San Diego Youth Track Committee Invitational. Youth clubs may compete in either meet. There will be no reprisals and no sanctions issued against SDYTC clubs which compete in the Mira Mesa Missiles meet.
- The meeting adjourned at 8:35 p.m.
Web Page Created by Graeme Shirley