San Diego USATF
MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
2820 Camino del Rio South 130
May 19, 2004
- President Graeme Shirley called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. In addition to the President and Secretary, the attendees were Lolitia Bache, Paul Baumhoefner, Monique Conley, Paul Greer, Gary Henderson, Lillian Mahoney, George Mathews, Toni Mitchell, Jennifer Nanista, Sharon Powell, Arnie Robinson, Scott Sargeant, Rahn Sheffield, Jim Skelly, and Elizabeth Tate.
- The Board approved the minutes of the meeting of April 21.
- Treasurer Lolitia Bache reported that the checking account balance was $17,616.72 while the certificates of deposit were another $16,000. She has filed the Association's IRS Form 990 and sent a copy to the National office.
- Sheffield and Nanista gave a report on the June 17 Association Track & Field Championships at San Diego State. The hammer and discus throws will be June 19 at UCSD.
- Greer stated that the Spring Road Race Series was complete with the Union-Tribune Run for Literacy 8K May 2.
- Robinson reported that the Association Junior Olympics Track & Field Championships will be June 12-13 at Patrick Henry High School. Combined events will be at West Hills High School. The Association is providing support for the Nevada Association to conduct the Region 15 Junior Olympics Track & Field Championships at Otay Ranch High School June 26-27. The hammer throw and a few other events for that meet will be at the Olympic Training Center June 25.
- Mathews reminded the Board that the Association Masters Track & Field Championships, the Chuck McMahon Memorial Track & Field Meet, will be June 26 at Westview High School, with the hammer at UCSD. The Masters West Region Track & Field Championships will be July 24-25 at the Home Depot Center. That meet has requested officials from this Association. Sacramento is bidding for the World Masters Association's World Track & Field Championships in 2009.
- Skelly stated that the annual officials' brunch would be June 13 at MCAS Miramar. A June 5-6 elite combined event competition at the Olympic Training Center has been added to the schedule.
- G. Shirley reported that the Association membership was 1345 as of May 19 (1003 youth, 147 open, 195 masters), 300 ahead of previous record years at this time, and very near the full-year record of 1419.
- The meeting adjourned at 7:51 p.m.
Web Page Created by Graeme Shirley