San Diego USATF
MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
San Diego State Track Offices
July 19, 2006
- President Graeme Shirley called the meeting to order at 7:10 p.m. In addition to the President the attendees were Jay Beltz, Philip Dunn, Paul Greer, Jennifer Nanista, and Sharon Powell.
- The Board approved the minutes of the June 14 meeting.
- Lolitia Bache provided a written Treasurer's report. The checking account balance is $6624.73, while the certificates of deposit were another $16,000.
- Nanista reported that she would have the accounting for the Association Track & Field Championships prior to the next meeting.
- Greer reported that the Dirt Dog Series schedule is now final, with the addition of the Aztec Invitational. The series will start August 19 with the Bake the Lake 4-Mile, then, on an alternating-week schedule, the Balboa 4-Mile Cross Country, the Aztec Invitational 5K, the City College Invitational 10K, the Ursula Rains Balboa Boogie 5K, and the Cuyamaca 5K. The Championship races will be November 11 at Morley Field. Competitor magazine is publishing the schedule.
- Greer also reported that San Diego had been awarded the 2008 USA Trials for the World Cross Country Championships on a Mission Bay course. USATF has not issued a formal release.
- Dunn reported that John Nunn finished second in the 20 km race walk at the USA Track & Field Championships.
- Dunn also stated that the USA 30 km Race Walk Championships would be January 14 on the Chula Vista course, with additional events at 10 km and 20 km.
- In the absence of the youth chairman, Powell reported that fewer that 30 youth qualified for the USATF National Junior Olympic Track & Field Championships at the regionals.
- Nanista noted that San Diego State horizontal jumper Shana Watson qualified for the US team at the World Junior Championships in Beijing, China by taking a second in the long jump and a third in the triple jump at the USA Junior Outdoor Track & Field Championships.
- Shirley reported that total registration was 1526, down slightly from last year at the same time.
- Greer passed on a report from Thom Hunt on the website: still no content.
- The Board approved a motion by Greer to hold the September 20 Annual Meeting at City College.
- Greer reported that the nominating committee had received the following nominations: President, Jay Beltz; Vice President, Arnie Robinson; Secretary, Sharon Powell and Graeme Shirley; Treasurer, Lolitia Bache and Monique Weaver-Conley.
- Beltz distributed a draft policy on approval of expenditures.
- The meeting adjourned at 7:47 p.m.
Graeme Shirley for Lillian Mahoney
Web Page Created by Graeme Shirley