San Diego-Imperial Athletics Congress
MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Casa del Prado, Balboa Park
October 15, 1984
- President Ken Bernard called the meeting to order at 7:10 p.m. In addition to the President and Secretary, the attendees were Linda Gorman, Kevin Heaton, Henry Manley, Jeff Rigdon, and Bill Stock.
- The Board approved the minutes of the meeting of August 15.
- The Chairman gave the Treasurer's report. The balance in the combined Sport Committee accounts as of October 1 was $4955.20. An additional $11,000 remains in the Long-Distance Running Sport Committees' 10.7% interest-bearing term account maturing May 13, 1985. The approximately $100 monthly earnings from this account are designated for athletes' expenses and awards. Recent SDIAC expenditures include a $500 advance for the Cross-Country Championships November 10, $390 for expenses for the Track and Field Championships, and $175 for repairs and a new battery pack for a race clock.
- The Chairman announced that SDIAC has 712 registrants, including 45 provided by Levi's Runner Ranking Service.
- The Board held yet another discussion on videotape recorders. Stock, chairman of the ad hoc committee, called a meeting for November 15 at Hafer Steel.
- The Chairman announced that Standing Sport Committee Chairmen have filled all seven voting delegate positions for the 1984 TAC/USA convention, and named Kevin Heaton, Henry Manley, and Graeme Shirley as Representative Observers.
- In response to a request from Manley, the Board unanimously approved Stock's motion that SDIAC advance $250 from LDR funds toward SDT&FOA expenses for holding a clinic in Imperial County to certify officials.
- Shirley, SDTC President, objected to a published statement by the SDAA President that SDTC had boycotted a track meet co-sponsored by SDAA. The Board took no action.
- The Juniors' Chairman announced that the Junior Division would hold a November 18 Association qualifying meet for the December 1 Regional Cross-Country Championships. Since the qualifying meet is prior to the November 21 CIF meet, some athletes would receive byes at the Association level.
- The Board unanimously approved Stock's motion that SDIAC pay $250 to the Hall of Champions for membership, if it includes the use of the Board room.
- The meeting adjourned at 8:30 p.m.
Web Page Created by Graeme Shirley