San Diego-Imperial Athletics Congress
MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
August 19, 1987
- President Ken Bernard called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. In addition to the President and Secretary, the attendees were Lolitia Bache, Linda Gorman, Kevin Heaton, Keith Jeffers, Kathy Loper, Laurie Olson, Joni Pendleton, Jeff Rigdon, Bill Stock, Judy Stolpe, and Sherri Stowe.
- The Board approved the minutes of the meeting of June 17.
- The President gave the Treasurer's report. The checking account balance on August 10 was $5155.62, while the certificates of deposit were another $16,000.
- The Board held a hearing on a protest filed by Kathy Loper. The record of the hearing is a separate document.
- The President read a letter from Pete Riegel concerning a lack of certification of the 1986 Holiday Bowl Heart of San Diego Marathon. The 1983 Heart Marathon and the 1986 Mission Bay Marathon courses are currently certified. The President stated that he has engaged Bob Letson for $200 to measure the 1986 Holiday Bowl Heart of San Diego Marathon course.
- The President advanced the opinion that SDIAC should control course certifications. To that end he was bringing Letson into the local race certification system in two areas: (1) measuring courses for certification, and (2) maintaining a file of active certifications.
- The Board, on a motion by the Secretary, authorized the President to use his judgment with regard to the results of Letson's measurements of the 1986 Holiday Bowl Heart of San Diego Marathon course in a manner which would aid athletes who participated in that race to gain entry in to the Olympic Marathon Trials if they met the time standard.
- Linda Gorman reported some correspondence from the State Games. The Board took no action, since there were no SDIAC matters involved.
- The meeting adjourned at 9:50 p.m.
Web Page Created by Graeme Shirley