San Diego-Imperial Athletics Congress
MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Balboa Park Hall of Champions
April 19, 1995
- President Ken Bernard called the meeting to order at 7:30 p.m. In addition to the President and Secretary, the attendees were Lolitia Bache, Erl Cabanas, Tom Freeman, Arnie Robinson, and Bob Sieben.
- The Board approved the minutes of the meeting of February 15.
- The President gave the Treasurer's report. The checking account balance as of April 10 was $8006.27 while the certificates of deposit were another $16,000. The treasury was down due to the awards dinner.
- Robinson reported on the Association Junior Olympics Track and Field meet. The group of meet directors of the juniors series want to put on the Association championship and bid for the Regionals and administer the profits. G. Shirley expressed concern with this second group controlling the finances. The series meet directors will attend a planning session April 27. Bernard suggested that the meet director group negotiate a financial split with the current director Cabanas. The Board approved a motion by G. Shirley that Robinson negotiate such a split. The meet director's portion would be paid after the event. The remainder would be in the treasury, administered by Robinson as the Juniors Chairman.
- Sieben discussed having an Open Track and Field Championship. Robinson suggested that it might be combined with a Masters Championship. Sieben and Robinson will set a date, possibly June 30 at Balboa Stadium.
- The meeting adjourned at 9:10 p.m.
Web Page Created by Graeme Shirley